It's Sharon here with a new block for you! This month's block is a great one for using up those bigger pieces of your favorite colored scraps. Each bock will actually make a set of two blocks total. Very simple and lovely.
Each block that you sew and enter into the Facebook Album will count as one entry into our drawing. If you make two blocks, that is two entries, make four that is four entries, and so on and so on. There will be a prize drawing at the end of the challenge. We will be giving away a gift certificate to Whimsical Fabric for our prize. For every 5 blocks entered the gift certificate will increase by $1.00! If 25 blocks are entered the gift certificate will be worth $5.00. If 100 blocks are entered the gift certificate will be worth $20. The more everyone sews the more you could win. *Maximum gift certificate value will be $25.
|This month's prize is a Whimsical Fabric Gift Certificate!|
• cutting mat
• rotary cutter
• fabric pen
• scrap fabrics
1. First we will cut two 5½" squares in coordinating colors. This will make two blocks total.
2. Place the squares with the right sides facing and pin together. Draw a line starting from one of the top comers down to the bottom opposite corner.
3. Stitch with a ¼" seam along both sides of the line you drew onto the square.
4. Take your block you have sewn and cut right down the center of it on the line your drew to create two pieces. Press each block open with the seam pressed to the dark side.
5. To create our two final blocks, place the two blcoks you have just made with the right sides facing each other, and the the center seam of each block lined up with each other. Being careful that the coordinating fabrics are facing each other like the one below. Draw a line starting from one of the top comers down to the bottom opposite corner going in the opposite direction of the center seam.
6. Stitch on both sides of the center line that you just drew with a ¼" seam allowance. Take your block and cut right down the center line again. Press each block open with the seam pressed to the dark side.
7. Take your quilting ruler and square up each of your blocks. Now admire your two lovely finished blocks!
After you have sewn all your blocks for this month please go over to our Facebook group and share each of them in our February Quilt Along Album for a chance to be entered into our drawing! You have until March 13th at 12:00pm (noon) CT to enter your blocks.
Remember, there is no required amount that you need to make. Make as many or as few as you would like.