The Date: The contest starts now and runs through Monday, December
Note: We've extended the deadline by a full week!
Note: We've extended the deadline by a full week!
1. Their are three different age groups, or divisions, for this challenge. Each division has different requirements for the children participating. We will be selecting one winner for each division. The winner of each division will receive a $25 amazon.com gift card. In addition, all children who submit an entry will receive a special bookmark gift in the mail.
Up to 4 Years Old - Children in this age division must help plan the project. We encourage you to allow them to help sew as you see fit.
5 thru 11 Years Old - Children in this age division must help plan and help sew the project.
12 thru 17 Years Old - Children in this age division must plan and sew the project with minimal help from an adult.
*If any age division has less than 3 entries that division will be combined with another age division.
2. You must purchase (or have purchased) Michael Miller Color Me fabric from our website, Whimsical Fabric. This fabric must be used in your project. Please retain your order number(s). Your order number(s) will become part of your entry number will be used to verify eligibility and will become part of your child's entry number.
3. You must feature the Color Me fabric you purchased from Whimsical Fabric in your project. Other fabrics may also be used, but they too must have have come from Whimsical Fabric.
4. Projects must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59pm ET, Monday, December
5. In addition, you must post a short video to the Whimsical Fabric & Me Facebook group. The video must be of the child explaining what their project is and what they did to complete it.
orThe child must hand-write a short essay explaining what their project is and what they did to complete it. If the child is too young to write, a hand-drawn picture may be substituted for the essay. Please take a clear photo of this essay and post it into the 2015 mini Make It Mine Photo Album on the Whimsical Fabric & Me Facebook group. If you do not participate on Facebook, instead please make sure to email the photo, along with your entry photos, to the email address listed in step 3 above.
2015 Kid's mini Make It Mine Challenge
7. Please note that the photos you email to us will be added to our Flickr Group so that the judges may view them. This is an open group, and thus, your photos will be able to be viewed by the general public. By emailing your photos to us, and thus entering this contest, you are granting Whimsical Fabric permission to share your photos on Flickr. You are also granting Whimsical Fabric permission to use your photos for advertising purposes on our website, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, and here on our blog/newsletter.
8. All judging will be done by a panel of judges. Entries will be given a number and names will not be shared with the judges. Please feel free to share your child's entry during this challenge on our Facebook Group, other Facebook groups and pages, and any other social media you use. A shout out regarding the contest and our Facebook Group and/or website is always appreciated too.
Q: Can we use any patterns we want for this contest?
A: Yes, you can use any pattern you want, even make up your own.
Q: Is this challenge open to those not in the USA?
A: Yes, this contest is open to any child 17 and under. Please note that if you do not reside in the US and your child wins the challenge, we will issue a $25 Whimsical Fabric gift certificate in lieu of the Amazon gift card. We will also not be shipping out the book marks to non US entries. Sorry, international shipping is just too expensive.
Q: How much of the Color Me fabric must we use in our project?
A: The spirit of the contest is to feature Hayley's Color Me fabric. You are allowed to use other fabrics that you have purchased from us, but 51% or more of your child's project needs to be made from the Color Me fabric.
Q: If we already own fabric that is not carried by Whimsical Fabric, can we add those to the project if the majority of the project is made from Whimsical Fabric?
A: No, all fabrics used in the project must have been purchased from our website.
Q: Does all hardware, notions, and trim have to come from Whimsical Fabric?
A: Notions, trims, hardware, leather, etc, DO NOT have to come from Whimsical Fabric.
For example, if you are making a tote and you want to use leather for the outside fabric and Color Me for the lining fabric, that will NOT qualify since we do not stock leather. If, however, you want to make a tote and use Color Me fabric for the outside and a solid Riley Blake for the lining, adding a leather handle, then this would qualify.
Q: What if you run out of the fabric we want?
A: We have multiple bolts of each Color Me print in stock. We should not have any issues with stock.
What will your little ones create? We can't wait to see all of their creativity! If you still have questions please make sure to ask on our Whimsical Fabric & Me Facebook Group. And don't forget that you can use the coupon code SAVE20% to save 20% off your entire order right now.