Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Summer Breeze Doll Pattern and AGF Voile Reviews - Save 20%!


Today's review is the 
Summer Breeze Tunic & Dress Doll PDF Pattern
made with Art Gallery Voile fabric!
 
I know we are in the middle of  the bitterly cold winter, but that doesn't keep me from dreaming and planning for the warmer months that will soon be here! So for today's review I am sharing a brand new summery PDF pattern made with beautiful voile fabrics. I hope you are keeping warm by enjoying a cup of hot coffee or tea as you are reading this review.


Summer Breeze Tunic and Dress pattern is a brand new release by Sweet Pea and Pumkin. This pattern is designed for the 18" doll and features two lengths, tunic and dress. I chose two different voile fabrics for my two outfits in my review. Voile fabric is a great choice for a light summery pattern such as this. 


The Summer Breeze tunic or dress can be made from one fat quarter of fabric making it a great pattern for using up all those fabric scraps. Pattern pieces were clearly labeled and marked with grainlines making it straightforward during cutting and assembly.

My Summer Breeze Dress I made with the Art Gallery Paperie Eponine Voile. This voile is a beautiful pastel shade of aqua blue for the background and sprinkled with multi colored flower bouquets. The print is the perfect size for the 18" doll. This fabric is so incredibly light and buttery feeling to the touch. It's difficult to believe it is 100% cotton because it really feels smooth as silk. You can clearly see how sheer the voile is by the sun filtering through the high-low skirt on the dress. 

The skirt on the dress version hits slightly above the doll's knees in the front and angles elegantly towards the back to calf level. One aspect I love about this pattern is the generous arm holes and thin spaghetti straps which helps children to get on and off their doll.  The directions for constructing and adding the spaghetti straps to the dress was a very simple method. No frustrations trying to turn tiny tubes of fabric with this pattern.

The back bodice has a gorgeous scoop back, and it closes with hook and loop tape for dressing the doll easier. The bodice is fully lined and I chose to use the same voile fabric for the lining of both outfits. There is also a small placket in the skirt which you can't tell from the printed fabric used here. The placket allows for slipping the garment over the head or pulling up over the feet.

The second outfit I made was the tunic length which gives it a more casual look. I chose the new Curiosities Jar Firefly Tang Voile and a white linen for the shorts. It is such a beautiful color and reminds me of creamy orange sherbet. The white fireflies floating all over the fabric are just adorable and definitely says summer to me. The voile gives nice body to the shorter length of the tunic as well.

Overall, these outfits were a joy to make. The pattern instructions were thorough and gave instructions how to properly finish the inside of the garments nicely. They are very kid-friendly designs so my 3 year old daughter can dress her own doll without my help. The voile fabrics were a dream to sew with and I am already thinking about what other garments I can make for my daughter with them this summer.

Links to products:
Summer Breeze Dress and Tunic Pattern by Sweet Pea & Pumkin 

We also have a coupon for you!  Use the code: SummerBreeze to save 20% off the Summer Breeze PDF Pattern AND any of our AGF Voile Fabrics.  The code is good through 11:59pm MT Monday, February 8th.
  
Happy Sewing!
Chari 
www.whimsicalfabric.com

No comments:

Post a Comment